Friday, September 23, 2011

Beet, Feta, and Mint Salad

Considering I couldn't stand beets as a child, I am still surprised that I absolutely love them now.  Mostly I use them to make a quick pickle (recipe to follow), but lately I've begun to use them in a more substantial capacity.

This recipe comes together quickly, perfect for a weeknight, but special enough to serve to guests on the weekend.  Serves 2-3, but is easily doubled.

398 ml / 14 oz can whole baby beets, drained and quartered
2 T olive oil
1 T balsamic vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 c crumbled feta cheese
1/4 c chopped fresh mint

Toss the beets in the olive oil and balsamic.  Season to taste, then arrange on a favourite plate.  Top with the feta, then sprinkle the mint over top.  Serve immediately, or allow to sit out at room temperature for up to an hour.  Excellent with simply-prepared meats or poultry.

No comments:

Post a Comment